Rehab is one of the most important aspects of recovery from alcohol and drug abuse, but it’s not a stand-alone cure. This is why, at Brookside Treatment, we’ve developed an aftercare plan to help our clients with the transition from rehab to independent sober life and beyond. Some people require medication and mental health support, while others might need help finding work or housing.
No matter what your requirements, we’ve created a bespoke follow-up treatment program to guide you through this critical stage.
Our Aftercare Plan for Substance Abuse
Continuing care is an essential aspect of drug addiction recovery, and those who participate in ongoing health care engagement have lower relapse rates. Here are some ways that Brookside Treatment continues to support your recovery post-rehab:
- Buprenorphine medication-assisted treatment with cognitive behavioral therapy counseling sessions
- Individual therapy, group counseling, family therapy and support for mental illness
- A case manager to link newly drug-free individuals with coordinate social services, housing assistance and help finding a job
- Referral to local 12-step meetings
- Counselors and clinicians to support you as you implement the coping skills and strategies you learned at the treatment facility into daily life
Relapse Prevention and Support Groups
Continuing care always includes support groups, which are instrumental in many people’s ongoing recovery journey. When you attend these meetings, you get a chance to express yourself and share your story while learning from other people. Through the recovery process, you’ll stop being the newbie and become someone newer members look up to as an example.
Start Transforming Your Life Today
If you or a loved one are ready to start substance abuse treatment, know that our drug rehab in Kentucky will be there with you along every step of the way. Addiction is a chronic illness, but anyone can overcome it with strength, determination and support from our team of substance use disorder experts. Call our helpline today at 606-342-7089 to find out more.