Rehab is one of the most important aspects of recovery from drug or alcohol addiction, but it’s not a stand-alone cure. Seeking addiction treatment is a priority and so are aftercare treatment programs to ensure success.
At Brookside Treatment, we’ve developed an aftercare treatment program to help our clients with the transition from rehab to an independent sober life from drugs and alcohol. Some people require ongoing therapy for medication and mental health support, while others might need help finding work or housing.
No matter what your requirements, we’ve created a bespoke follow-up treatment program to guide you through this critical stage. Read on to see what Brookside Treatment’s types of aftercare programs are best for you to prevent relapse and promote sober living.
Our Aftercare Plan for Substance Abuse
Treatment programs for continuing care are an essential aspect of drug addiction recovery. Those who participate in ongoing health care engagement have lower relapse rates and have fewer mental health issues. Here are some ways that Brookside Treatment continues to support your recovery post-rehab:
- Buprenorphine medication-assisted treatment with cognitive behavioral therapy counseling sessions
- Individual and group therapy, family therapy and support for mental illness
- A case manager to link newly drug-free individuals with private and convenient solutions to coordinate social services, housing assistance and help finding a job
- Referral to local 12-step meetings
- Counselors and clinicians to support you as you implement the coping skills and strategies you learned at the treatment facility into daily life
Relapse Prevention and Support Groups
Continuing care at treatment centers always includes support groups, which are instrumental in many people’s ongoing recovery journey. When you attend group counseling meetings, you get a chance to express yourself and share your story while learning from other people’s treatment practices. Through the recovery process, you’ll stop being the newbie and become someone newer members look up to as an example.
Start Transforming Your Life Today
If you or a loved one are ready to start substance abuse treatment or substance abuse aftercare, know that our drug rehab in Kentucky will be there with you along every step of the way. Addiction is a chronic illness, but anyone can overcome it with strength, determination and support from our team of substance use disorder experts. Call our rehab facility helpline today at 866-669-6527 to find out more.